Link to ONLINE RENEWAL (FOR LICENSES THAT EXPIRE ON OCTOBER 31, 2021)
LCSW or LCSW-C may require 3 continuing education units in Supervision if they have a Supervision Approval Date between 01/01/2004 and 10/31/2019. Check here to see
your date of approval
A CRIMINAL HISTORY RECORDS CHECK IS NOT REQUIRED FOR 2021 RENEWAL
FOR NAME CHANGE:
You must submit (mail or fax to 410-358-2469) a copy of the legal documentation of the change.
IMPORTANT. When entering Ethics obtained in the Category I or Category II, please list the units under its own heading called
Ethics Category I or
Ethics Category II.
Supervision Continuing Education units should be listed as
Supervision Category I or
Supervision Category II.
Before you begin, you will need the following:
1. Internet access. (Home, office, library)
- 2. Your Maryland Board of Social Work Examiners license number and your Social Security number.
- 3. Your continuing education certificates for the last 2 year period (11/01/19 – 10/31/21) OR, if your license was issued in 2019, since the original license date.
- 4. Your Visa, MasterCard or Discover if paying by credit card. If you are mailing in the payment, your checkbook or money order
- 5. A printer, to print a copy of your application and the receipt.
Steps to Renew Online
- Click “ONLINE RENEWAL” above and proceed to the Logon screen. Choose your category of licensure from the drop down menu.
- Enter the license number (the 5 digit social work license number located in the bottom left hand corner of the license –
without the “A” for Associate or “G” for Graduate).
- Enter the last four digits of your social security number and click the LOGON box.
- Fill in the information as requested. Note that some areas may already be completed or may be blank. Please revise or enter the information in order to update your record.
- Part 1: Personal Information. Note: the insurance company, policy number and expiration date of the Worker’s Compensation coverage must be completed
IF you employ individuals.
- Part II: Questions # 1 through # 5 – all must be answered with a yes or no.
- Part III: Continuing Education Units – for each program provide the following: course title, sponsor’s name, date of program, number of CE units, select Category I or II and for the Ethics program select Ethics Category I or Ethics Category II.
- The online program will ONLY process the renewal application
IF: The Category I continuing education units total at least 20 (15 for LBSW's) units ; with at least
three Category I or category II units in the content area focusing on Ethics; and the grand total is at least 40 (30 for LBSW's) units.
applicable, Board Approved Supervisors (link to verify Supervision) require three Category I or Category II Continuing Education units in the content area focusing on Supervision.
- Prior to selecting a method of payment, you must certify that all information in the application is correct.
- Review your application and then click
AFFIRM AND MAKE PAYMENT.
Note that once submitted, the application cannot be changed.
CREDIT CARD: Select Visa, MasterCard or Discover Click
ONCE to confirm payment. The payment is processed within 1-2 business days. American Express is not accepted.
PAYMENT BY CHECK OR MONEY ORDER: Mail your check or money order payable to the Board of Social Work Examiners,
along with a copy of the online confirmation. The license will not be issued until payment is received. The Board must receive payment which is postmarked on or before October 31st.
- Print and retain a copy of your renewal application and the online payment receipt
Back to Top