Addiction is a progressive disease, characterized by a pathological pattern of chemical use, physiological involvement, and related physical, behavioral, social and emotional difficulties. Addiction negatively affects all persons who are significantly involved with an addicted individual, and significant others often respond in a manner that supports continued chemical use. Knowing this, we encourage those closely impacted by addiction to be involved in its treatment. The primary goal is abstinence from substance use.
Inpatient Addiction Services:
The Joseph S. Massie Unit is a treatment facility for adults experiencing the devastating effects of alcoholism and other substance use disorders. Length of stay is individualized but averages 21 days. A holistic treatment approach is utilized to address the issues necessary to maintain an abstinent lifestyle. The Joseph S. Massie Unit is located on the grounds of the Thomas B. Finan Center in Cottages 3 & 4.
- Medical Assessment, Nursing and Physician Services
- Individual, Family, and Group Counseling
- Vocational Counseling
- HIV Testing, Counseling & Education
- Alcohol and Drug Education
- Nutritional Services
- Psychiatric Evaluation
- Aftercare Planning
- Gambling Assessment and Counseling
- Family Education
- Alternative Pain Management Counseling
For more information, call 301-777-2285.
Outpatient Addiction Services:
- Individual, Family, and Group Therapy
- Intensive Outpatient Program
- Continuing Care (Assists patients after traditional treatment has ended)
- Peer Support
- Jail Substance Abuse Program (JSAP)
- Adolescent Program
- Overdose Response Program (Naloxone training)
- 12-Hour DWI Education
- Gambling Services
- Buprenorphine Services
- Walk-In Services (Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.)
For more information, call 301-759-5050.