Skip to Main Content
Social Media Directory
Environmental Health provides many services for our citizens. Our goal is to protect public health by enforcing regulations that provide a safe and healthy environment. Some of our services include:
- Routine inspections of licensed restaurants, investigates food-borne outbreaks, issues permits for special events where food will be sold.
- Evaluates and inspects new and existing sewage disposal systems, investigates illegal sewage disposal.
- Inspect proposed well sites, inspect new and replacement wells. Collects water samples from individual water supplies for testing, analyzes results; issues certificates of potability; responds to concerns about the safety of drinking water including public supplies.
- Provides 24 hour on-call services for human or pet exposure to suspected rabid animals. Also provides clinics for vaccination of cats and dogs against rabies.
Public Pool Inspections
- Licenses all public swimming pools and spas, conducts routine inspections; issues pool operator certification to persons who successfully complete an approved operator course.
- Assists communities to prevent and control rodent and insect infestations. Investigates citizen complaints.
206 N. Commerce Street, Centreville, MD 21617
MD Social Media Directory