Frequently Asked Questions

How do I obtain copies of birth, death, fetal death, and marriage certificates?​
  • See links to the left under 'How to Request...'.

How do I obtain verification of a divorce?​

What statistical publications are available from the Vital Statistics Administration?

What data are available from the Vital Statistics Administration and how can I obtain the data?

  • Statistics can be obtained for births, deaths, marriages, divorces, and population. Please visit our Contact page.

I am a genealogy searcher. Where can I find records for my research?

Where is the Division of Vital Records located and what are the hours of operation?

  • This information is available on our Directions page.

How can I obtain a commemorative birth certificate?

How can I register a home birth?

  • If you are an attending clinician please call the Division of Vital Records at 410 764-3186.
  • If you are a parent and delivered a baby at home without an attending clinician in charge, click here.

How do I file for an absolute divorce/annulment of marriage?

  • To report a divorce, download the Divorce Verification form and send it to Vital Records located at 6764-B Reisterstown Road, Baltimore MD 21215.