Change Name within 12 Months of Birth

​This Affidavit may be used to change the name of a child within the first 12 months after birth. This Affidavit must be accompanied by a notarized written request from both parents in order to change the name of a child on the original birth certificate. If the father is not named on the certificate, or has not signed the Affidavit of Parentage, a court order is required. Click here to download the form.​

If the child is over one year of age, a Court Order or Legal Proceedings (document from the court) is required to change the child’s name. ​