The following information must be submitted in this order to the Maryland Department of Health, Office of Workforce Development, 201 W. Preston Street, 4th Floor Baltimore, Maryland 21201, Attention: Sadé Diggs
The Review File number and the J-1 physician’s last name must be typed on the lower right hand corner of every page. Please submit an electronic copy to firstname.lastname@example.org along with the hard copy original/copy by mail.
- Cover Letter from the employer wishing to hire the physician for three years. (See J-1 Visa Waiver Policy, Section F, 1. for details.)
- HPSA/MUA evidence documents (as applicable).
- An employment agreement or contract between the physician and an eligible practice. (For details, please see the J-1 Visa Waiver Policy, Section C, 3).
- J-1 Physician’s Curriculum Vitae.
- Exchange Visitor Attestation (signed and notarized).
- Copies of all forms DS-2019 (formerly IAP-66).
- Form G-28/Letter of Representation.
- Completed Data Sheet (DS 3035).
- Statement of Reason.
- Third Party Barcode page.
- Recruitment: Provide proof of at least six-month’s efforts by employer within the last year (does not have to be continuous) to recruit a U.S. citizen or a permanent resident physician. (For details, please see the J-1 Visa Waiver Policy, Section D, 11).
- Copy of all diplomas.
- Copy of all academic transcripts.
- Copy of all Physician Licenses and/or proof of paid application for Maryland licensure.
- Copy of Educational Commission for Medical Graduates credentials.
- Copy of U.S. Medical Licensing Examination Score Reports for Steps 1, 2 and 3.
- Letters of Recommendation.
- Sliding Fee Scale and Sliding Fee Scale Policy.
- J-1 Site Application
- Employer Attestation (signed by President/CEO and notarized)
- J-1 Visa Waiver Policy: Signed.
- J-1 Visa Waiver/National Interest Waiver Programs Verification of Employment
- Statement of No Financial Obligation in Lieu of No Objection Letter (signed and notarized).
- All other forms that are required by the U.S. Department of Justice Immigration and Naturalization Service.
- An original and one copy of the entire waiver request package must be submitted.
Additional Forms and Information
To be completed by J-1 Physician after waiver is received:
J-1 Visa Waiver Certification of Arrival Agreement