If you think someone is committing fraud against the Maryland WIC Program, you can let WIC know by calling us or filling out this report and sending it to us.
Call the Toll Free Maryland WIC Hotline at 1-800-242-4942. The operator will transfer you to WIC customer service, available Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. You do not have to give your name.
If you fill out the Maryland WIC Program Fraud Report you can send it to us by:
a. Emailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
b. Mailing it to:
Maryland WIC Program
201 West Preston Street, 1st Floor
Baltimore, Maryland 21201
c. Faxing to the Maryland WIC Program at 410-333-5683.
Some examples of fraud include:
- Sell or give away eWIC benefits.
- Sell or give away formula or foods purchased with eWIC benefits.
- Lie about income or family size when applying for WIC.
- Buy non-WIC food with eWIC benefits.
- Trade eWIC benefits for other items or cash.
- Buy eWIC benefits for cash.
- Accept eWIC benefits for non-wic food.
- Accept eWIC benefits for payment for past purchases.
- Accept eWIC benefits for credit.
- Are not WIC authorized but accept eWIC benefits anyway.
- Overcharge for WIC food.
Remember, you do not have to give us your name. Thank you for helping us to identify fraud and abuse in the Maryland WIC Program!