With the inclusion of maternal and child health as a population health priority area under Maryland's Statewide Integrated Health Improvement Strategy (SIHIS), the Maryland Health Services Cost Review Commission (HSCRC) committed $8 million in annual funding to support Medicaid initiatives to address severe maternal morbidity and pediatric asthma.
This creates several new or enhanced maternal and child health (MCH) initiatives that will be offered to Maryland Medicaid beneficiaries beginning January 2022. The programs are as follows:
For more information on these and other MCH programs, please visit our
MCH Bureau website.
- Statewide Expansion of the Home Visiting Services (HVS) Pilot
- Statewide Expansion of the Maternal Opioid Misuse (MOM) Model Pilot
- Medicaid Coverage for Doula/Birth Workers Services
- Medicaid Coverage for HealthySteps
- Medicaid Coverage for Centering Pregnancy
- Expansion of Maryland's CHIP HSI SPA to support children with lead exposure and asthma
For more information, including the complete SIHIS proposal and approval from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), click here.