• English

    Google Translate Disclaimer

    The Maryland Department of Information Technology (“DoIT”) offers translations of the content through Google Translate. Because Google Translate is an external website, DoIT does not control the quality or accuracy of translated content. All DoIT content is filtered through Google Translate which may result in unexpected and unpredictable degradation of portions of text, images and the general appearance on translated pages. Google Translate may maintain unique privacy and use policies. These policies are not controlled by DoIT and are not associated with DoIT’s privacy and use policies. After selecting a translation option, users will be notified that they are leaving DoIT’s website. Users should consult the original English content on DoIT’s website if there are any questions about the translated content.

    DoIT uses Google Translate to provide language translations of its content. Google Translate is a free, automated service that relies on data and technology to provide its translations. The Google Translate feature is provided for informational purposes only. Translations cannot be guaranteed as exact or without the inclusion of incorrect or inappropriate language. Google Translate is a third-party service and site users will be leaving DoIT to utilize translated content. As such, DoIT does not guarantee and does not accept responsibility for, the accuracy, reliability, or performance of this service nor the limitations provided by this service, such as the inability to translate specific files like PDFs and graphics (e.g. .jpgs, .gifs, etc.).

    DoIT provides Google Translate as an online tool for its users, but DoIT does not directly endorse the website or imply that it is the only solution available to users. All site visitors may choose to use alternate tools for their translation needs. Any individuals or parties that use DoIT content in translated form, whether by Google Translate or by any other translation services, do so at their own risk. DoIT is not liable for any loss or damages arising out of, or issues related to, the use of or reliance on translated content. DoIT assumes no liability for any site visitor’s activities in connection with use of the Google Translate functionality or content.

    The Google Translate service is a means by which DoIT offers translations of content and is meant solely for the convenience of non-English speaking users of the website. The translated content is provided directly and dynamically by Google; DoIT has no direct control over the translated content as it appears using this tool. Therefore, in all contexts, the English content, as directly provided by DoIT is to be held authoritative.

    Applying for a License

    General Information

    ​Unless you meet the listed exceptions, you must be licensed to practice as an audiologist, audiologist assistant, hearing aid dispenser, speech-language pathologist speech-language pathology assistant, or music therapist in Maryland.

    Please Note:​

    An audiologist, hearing aid dispenser, speech-language pathologist or speech-language pathology assistant is required to have a Limited License from the Board in order to practice under supervision. In order to obtain a Limited License, an applicant should first obtain a position with a licensee who will serve as the supervisor of the applicant for the limited license. Both the applicant and the supervisor need to complete the forms required for a Limited License.

    Apply for a License

    Step 1: Please complete an application using the links below. All supporting documents must be uploaded with each application.

    ​​​​​Speech-Language Pathology

    Music Therapy

    Hearing Aid Dispenser

    ​Step 2: Law Examination

    Note to Applicants: Applicants who submitted their applications online will be sent a link to complete the required law exam electronically. If you are unable to submit your application online, you may request a link by emailing Monica Wright at mdh.boardofahsm@maryland.gov​​​ Please use the statute and regulations under the Regulations tab to complete the Law Exam. A completed Law Exam must be on file for an application to be considered complete.​