​If the Medical Certifier starts a death record on a triplicate paper copy certificate, how do I complete the record?

You have two options:

(1) Complete the paper copy record and file it at the Division of Vital Records or at a local health department, just as you do now; 
​or preferably
(2) Start an electronic record in MD-EDRS and enter both the funeral home information and the medical information that is provided on the paper copy certificate by the Medical Certifier. If you select this option, you will need to attach a scanned copy of the certificate started by the Medical Certifier to the electronic record.  Instructions for completing the record are available here: Instructions for Creating a New Death Record and Transcribing the Medical Information​.​