The Maryland Responds MRC State Program is housed within the Maryland Department of Health (MDH) Office of Preparedness and Response (OP&R). The mission of the State Program is to develop and foster the statewide MRC Network to facilitate a coordinated approach to volunteer management in preparation for and when responding to public health emergencies. To achieve this mission, the State Program supports Maryland Responds Local Units by providing resources, guidance, and technical assistance to meet local needs, build capacity, and strengthen response capabilities. The following list outlines additional responsibilities of the State Program:
- Maintain a statewide system of Maryland Responds Units to facilitate a coordinated approach to volunteer management for local, state, and federal emergency response in every county within Maryland.
- Administer and maintain the State Emergency System for Advance Registration of Volunteer Health Professionals (ESAR-VHP), referred to as the Maryland Responds Registry.
- Support statewide integration of Maryland Responds MRC Units into both public health and emergency response activities.
- Support Maryland Responds MRC Units by providing resources, guidance, and technical assistance, to meet local needs, build capacity and strengthen response capabilities.
- Provide Maryland Responds Unit Administrators with training and technical assistance for volunteer management.
- Recruit volunteers through state-level organizations such as professional licensing boards, professional organizations, other state agencies, and large private organizations with regional or statewide memberships.
- Assist Maryland Responders reach Ready Responder Status.
- Administer and maintain the Maryland Responds website and social media accounts which provides general information about the program for both prospective and current volunteers.
- Administer and maintain the Maryland Responds Online Training Site which provides volunteers with access to online training courses.
- Authoring and publishing a quarterly Newsletter.
Maryland Responds MRC State Program Contact Information:
Maryland Department of Health
Office of Preparedness and Response
Maryland Responds Medical Reserve Corps
300 W. Preston Street, Suite 202, Baltimore, MD 21201
Maryland Responds State MRC Coordinator
Email : email@example.com
Office: (410) 767-7772
Maryland Responds Program Specialist
Office: (410) 767-0959
MRC Network Quick Links:
Updated October 24, 2017