Skip to Main Content
Social Media Directory
Regulation Forms (DHMH Employees Only)
September 16, 2016
Volume 43 • Issue 19 • Page 1085
DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH AND MENTAL HYGIENE
Subtitle 58 BOARD OF PROFESSIONAL COUNSELORS AND THERAPISTS
10.58.15 Supervision Requirements for Licensed Clinical Marriage and Family Therapists and Licensed Graduate Marriage and Family Therapists
Authority: Health Occupations Article, §§17–101, 17–205, 17–301, 17–303, 17–308, and 17–309, Annotated Code of Maryland
Notice of Proposed Action
The Secretary of Health and Mental Hygiene proposes to amend Regulations
COMAR 10.58.15 Supervision Requirements for Licensed Clinical Marriage and Family Therapists and Licensed Graduate Marriage and Family Therapists
. This action was considered at a public meeting on April 16, 2016, notice of which was given by publication on the Board’s website at http://dhmh.maryland.gov/bopc/Pages/index.aspx pursuant to General Provisions Article, §3–302(c), Annotated Code of Maryland.
Statement of Purpose
The purpose of this action is to:
(1) Clarify that 80 percent of the required supervised clinical experience hours for a licensed graduate marriage and family therapist shall be completed under the supervision of a Board-approved licensed clinical marriage and family therapist and the remaining 20 percent of the required supervised clinical experience hours may be completed under a certain mental health care provider, provided they can document a certain amount of experience providing marriage and family therapy services; and
(2) Correct an inconsistency with what is required in COMAR 10.58.08.03C(2).
Comparison to Federal Standards
There is no corresponding federal standard to this proposed action.
Estimate of Economic Impact
The proposed action has no economic impact.
Economic Impact on Small Businesses
The proposed action has minimal or no economic impact on small businesses.
Impact on Individuals with Disabilities
The proposed action has no impact on individuals with disabilities.
Opportunity for Public Comment
Comments may be sent to Michele Phinney, Director, Office of Regulation and Policy Coordination, Department of Health and Mental Hygiene, 201 West Preston Street, Room 512, Baltimore, MD 21201, or call 410-767-6499 (TTY 800-735-2258), or email to email@example.com, or fax to 410-6483. Comments will be accepted through October 17, 2016. A public hearing has not been scheduled.
.03 Composition of Supervised Clinical Experience.
A. A licensed graduate marriage and family therapist shall complete at least 80 percent of the requisite hours of supervised clinical experience in marriage and family therapy under the supervision of an approved
licensed clinical marriage and family therapy supervisor
supervisor who is a licensed clinical marriage and family therapist
B. A licensed graduate marriage and family therapist may complete the
remaining 20 percent
of the hours of supervised clinical experience in marriage and family therapy under the supervision of one of the following, provided the supervisor can document a minimum of 5 years’ experience delivering marriage and family therapy services:
(1)—(4) (text unchanged)
.04 Required Hours of Supervised Experience.
A. (text unchanged)
B. The supervised clinical experience required in §A of this regulation shall include:
(1) (text unchanged)
face-to-face clinical supervision hours, of which:
(a) At least
hours shall be face-to-face individual supervision; and
hours may be in face-to-face group supervision.
VAN T. MITCHELL
Secretary of Health and Mental Hygiene
201 W. Preston Street, Baltimore, MD 21201-2399
(410) 767-6500 or 1-877-463-3464
MD Social Media Directory