Skip to Main Content
Social Media Directory
Regulation Forms (MDH Employees Only)
January 5, 2018
Volume 45• Issue 1 • Pages 36—37
MARYLAND DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH
Subtitle 54 SPECIAL SUPPLEMENTAL NUTRITION PROGRAM FOR WOMEN, INFANTS, AND CHILDREN (WIC)
10.54.02 Local Agency
Authority: Health-General Article, §18-108, Annotated Code of Maryland
Notice of Proposed Action
The Secretary of Health proposes to amend Regulation
COMAR 10.54.02 Local Agency
Statement of Purpose
The purpose of this action is to remove from regulation funding dollar amounts paid to local agencies for providing WIC Program services, and to add language stating that the rates will be updated annually and available from the Department.
Comparison to Federal Standards
There is no corresponding federal standard to this proposed action.
Estimate of Economic Impact
The proposed action has no economic impact.
Economic Impact on Small Businesses
The proposed action has minimal or no economic impact on small businesses.
Impact on Individuals with Disabilities
The proposed action has no impact on individuals with disabilities.
Opportunity for Public Comment
Comments may be sent to Michele Phinney, Director, Office of Regulation and Policy Coordination, Maryland Department of Health, 201 West Preston Street, Room 512, Baltimore, MD 21201, or call 410-767-6499 (TTY 800-735-2258), or email to email@example.com, or fax to 410-767-6483. Comments will be accepted through February 5, 2018. A public hearing has not been scheduled.
.18 Payment to a Local Agency.
A. (text unchanged)
B. Effective July 1, 2016, the Department shall award to the local agency a base funding of:
(1) $465,000 for a case load up to 3,999 participants;
(2) $510,000 for a case load from 4,000 to 7,999 participants;
(3) $640,000 for a case load of 8,000 to 11,000 participants;
(4) $610,000 for a case load of 11,001 to 20,000 participants; and
(5) $550,000 for a case load of 20,001 or more participants.
C. Effective July 1, 2016, the Department shall award to the local agency:
(1) $104 per participant annually, based on case load assignment; and
(2) $26 per quarter for each additional participant added by the Department to the initial case load assignment.
D. The Department shall reimburse a local agency for all allowable program costs up to the amount awarded by the Department and based on the submission of quarterly expenditure reports.
E. Effective July 1, 2016, the Department shall award to the local agency the following additional funds to promote and support breastfeeding by breastfeeding peer counselors:
(1) $70.88 per pregnant or breastfeeding participant annually, based on caseload assignment; and
(2) $17.72 per quarter for each additional pregnant or breastfeeding participant added by the Department to the initial caseload assignment.
Funding rates will be updated annually and available from the Department.
Secretary of Health
201 W. Preston Street, Baltimore, MD 21201-2399
(410) 767-6500 or 1-877-463-3464
MD Social Media Directory