Skip to Main Content
Social Media Directory
Regulation Forms (MDH Employees Only)
October 27, 2017
Volume 44• Issue 26 • Pages 1233—1234
MARYLAND DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH
Notice of Proposed Action
The Secretary of Health proposes to amend:
Tax Compliance Regulations
10.56.05 Continuing Education
This action was considered at a public meeting on September 14, 2017, notice of which was given by publication on the Board’s website at https://health.maryland.gov/dietetic/Pages/Index.aspx pursuant to General Provisions Article, §3–302(c), Annotated Code of Maryland.
Statement of Purpose
The purpose of this action is to:
(1) Establish that the Tax Compliance regulations in COMAR 10.31 apply to the Board of Dietetic Practice, whereas previously the Board had been exempted from the regulations, although the Board has always been in compliance with the statute; and
(2) Add the Maryland Department of Health as a sponsor of continuing education that is recognized and approved by the Board.
Comparison to Federal Standards
There is no corresponding federal standard to this proposed action.
Estimate of Economic Impact
The proposed action has no economic impact.
Economic Impact on Small Businesses
The proposed action has minimal or no economic impact on small businesses.
Impact on Individuals with Disabilities
The proposed action has no impact on individuals with disabilities.
Opportunity for Public Comment
Comments may be sent to Michele Phinney, Director, Office of Regulation and Policy Coordination, Maryland Department of Health, 201 West Preston Street, Room 512, Baltimore, MD 21201, or call 410-767-6499 (TTY 800-735-2258), or email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or fax to 410-767-6483. Comments will be accepted through January 22, 2018. A public hearing has not been scheduled.
Subtitle 31 HEALTH OCCUPATIONS BOARDS
10.31.02 Tax Compliance Regulations
Authority: Health Occupations Article, §§1-213 and
Annotated Code of Maryland
A. (text unchanged)
(1) "Board" means a health occupation board regulated under the Health Occupations Article, Annotated Code of Maryland, with the exception of the
(a) Dietetic Practice; and
(2)—(4) (text unchanged)
Subtitle 56 BOARD OF DIETETIC PRACTICE
10.56.05 Continuing Education
Authority: Health Occupations Article, §§5-205 and 5-308(d) , Annotated Code of Maryland
.03 Conditions of Licensure Renewal; Continuing Education Units Required.
The Board shall renew a license for an additional 2-year period if the licensee:
A.—B. (text unchanged)
C. Submits to the Board:
(1) (text unchanged)
(2) Satisfactory evidence of having completed, within the 2-year period before the renewal date, a minimum of 30 continuing education units approved by the Board or sponsored by, but not limited to, the following organizations:
(a)—(k) (text unchanged)
(l) Accredited colleges and universities;
(m) Accredited hospitals as defined in Health-General Article, §19-301, Annotated Code of Maryland
(n) The Maryland Department of Health
Secretary of Health
201 W. Preston Street, Baltimore, MD 21201-2399
(410) 767-6500 or 1-877-463-3464
MD Social Media Directory