Quick Maryland HIV Statistics
- There were 724 people aged 13+ diagnosed with HIV infection in Maryland during 2020.
- At year-end 2020, there were 31,676 people aged 13+ living with diagnosed HIV in Maryland.
- Among people living with HIV in Maryland in 2019, it is estimated that 89.9% have been diagnosed, while an estimated 3,559 people with HIV in Maryland remain undiagnosed.
- At year-end 2019, 1.2 million (1,189,700) persons in the United States aged 13+ were living with diagnosed or undiagnosed HIV infection.
- Maryland was ranked 8th among states and territories in adult/adolescent HIV diagnosis rates (per 100,000) in 2019.
Click here for the Maryland HIV Continuum of Care dashboard:
The dashboard provides an interactive view of the traditional HIV continuum of care. Comparisons can be made across Maryland jurisdictions and demographic groups.
HIV in Maryland:
HIV in Maryland Counties:
Gender and HIV in Maryland:
Race/Ethnicity and HIV in Maryland:
Age and HIV in Maryland:
Exposure Category and HIV in Maryland:
Coinfection and HIV in Maryland:
Other Categories and HIV in Maryland:
HIV Maps by ZIP Code
Additional Regional and County-level Maps:
CDC Surveillance Reports
State and Metropolitan Area Rankings (from CDC Surveillance Report)
Click here for the National HIV Rankings dashboard: https://bit.ly/HIV_national_rankings
The dashboard provides an interactive view of the National HIV Rankings.
CDC Estimates of HIV Incidence, Prevalence, and Percent Undiagnosed
UNAIDS Global Report
UNAIDS Core Epi Slides
To request Maryland HIV/AIDS epidemiological data not found on the website, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.