Quick Maryland HIV Statistics
- There were 931 people aged 13+ diagnosed with HIV infection in Maryland during 2019.
- At year-end 2019, there were 31,630 people aged 13+ living with diagnosed HIV in Maryland.
- At year-end 2018, 1,173,900 persons in the United States aged 13+ were living with diagnosed or undiagnosed HIV infection.
- Maryland was ranked 6th among states and territories in adult/adolescent HIV diagnosis rates (per 100,000) in 2018, tied with Mississippi.
- Among people living with HIV in Maryland in 2019, CDC estimated that 89.2% have been diagnosed, while an estimated 3,830 people with HIV in Maryland remain undiagnosed .
Maryland Annual HIV Epidemiological Profile 2019. Center for HIV Surveillance, Epidemiology and Evaluation, Maryland Department of Health, Baltimore, MD. 2020.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Estimated HIV incidence and prevalence in the United States, 2014–2018. HIV Surveillance Supplemental Report 2020;25(No. 1). http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/library/reports/hiv-surveillance.html. Published May 2020.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. HIV Surveillance Report, 2018 (Preliminary); vol. 30. http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/library/reports/hiv-surveillance.html. Published November 2019.
Click here for the Maryland HIV Continuum of Care dashboard:
The dashboard provides an interactive view of the traditional HIV continuum of care. Comparisons can be made across Maryland jurisdictions and demographic groups.
HIV in Maryland:
HIV in Maryland Counties:
Gender and HIV in Maryland:
Race/Ethnicity and HIV in Maryland:
Age and HIV in Maryland:
Exposure Category and HIV in Maryland:
Coinfection and HIV in Maryland:
Other Categories and HIV in Maryland:
Epidemiological Profiles (New)
HIV Maps by ZIP Code
Additional Regional and County-level Maps:
CDC Surveillance Reports
State and Metropolitan Area Rankings (from CDC Surveillance Report)
CDC Estimates of HIV Incidence, Prevalence, and Percent Undiagnosed
UNAIDS Global Report
UNAIDS Core Epi Slides
To request Maryland HIV/AIDS epidemiological data not found on the website, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.