Reinstatement/Reactivation License Application
If you have already begun the online application by creating a username and password during the registration process, click here to log in.
Who is Eligible for Reinstatement?
Reinstatement may be available to a licensee with any of the following licensure statuses:
- Expired licensure status
- Expired w/Disciplinary History
Who is eligible for reactivation?
Reactivation is available to a licensees with any of the following licensure statuses:
- Inactive w/Disciplinary History
Before You Begin:
- Download and complete the application form for a Criminal History Records Check (State and FBI). Bring this form with you to be electronically fingerprinted. A copy of the Agency Privacy Requirements For Noncriminal Justice Applicants can be viewed here.
A list of available fingerprinting providers and cost can be found at (www.dpscs.state.md.us/publicservs/fingerprint.shtml) If you are out of the state of Maryland, please call the Board office. Fingerprint results are only valid for 30 days after being fingerprinted. Your application must be submitted within those 30 days.
- Upload receipt of verification of your application for a Criminal History Records Check.
- Download the Annotated Code of Maryland Health Occupations ArticleTitle 10 (https://health.maryland.gov/botp/Pages/Legislation.aspx)
- Download the Code of Maryland Regulations (COMAR 10.46.01-07) (https://health.maryland.gov/botp/Pages/Legislation.aspx)
- Gather your higher education information to include: name, month and year of graduation, and type of degree earned.
- Upload verification of certification from the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy (https://NBCOT.org)
- If your NBCOT certification is expired, then you must upload verification of 24 Continuing Competency Contact Hours (Link to CCR Compliance Report)
- Upload verification from every state and/or country in which you are/were licensed
- Upload a passport-sized photo of yourself
- Obtain a valid MasterCard or Visa Credit Card for payment
- Connect to a printer to print your receipt
What is the Application Time Frame?
Most applications are routine and can be expedited for approval by the Board office within 5 days of completion of the application process.
If you are a military veteran or spouse discharged within one year of your application, additional expedited services may be available to you. Additional information is available.
What Applications Do Not Qualify for Expedited Review?
- Applications with character/fitness/disciplinary history issues,
- Applications with Continued Competency Requirement submissions that have not been pre-approved by the Board.
- Applicants with a lapse in practice of three or more years.
What is the Application Time Frame for a Non-Expedited Review?
Applications that do not qualify for expedited review may take up to 4 weeks for approval.
How do I Apply for a Reinstatement or Reactivation of My License?
How Much is the Application Fee?
Reinstatement: $225 to $450, depending on your original date of licensure. Please contact the Board office for more information.
Reactivation: $123 to $245, depending on your original date of licensure. Please contact the Board office for more information.
Visit the Frequently Asked Questions page, or contact the office at