1. Download the Annotated Code of Maryland Health Occupations Article Title 10. (www.health.maryland.gov/botp/Pages/Legislation.aspx)
2. Download the Code of Maryland Regulations. (COMAR 10.46.01-07) (www.health.maryland.gov/botp/Pages/Legislation.aspx)
3. Gather your higher education information to include: name, month and year of graduation, and type of degree earned.
4. Upload verification of eligibility for certification from the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy. (https://NBCOT.org)
5. Upload verification from every state and/or country in which you are/were licensed.
6. Upload receipt of verification of your application for a Criminal History Records Check (State and FBI.) Download and complete the application form. Bring this form with you to be electronically fingerprinted. A list of fingerprinting providers and cost can be found at (http://www.dpscs.state.md.us/publicservs/fingerprint.shtml)
7. Upload a “passport photo” of yourself.
8. Obtain a valid MasterCard or Visa Credit Card for payment.
9. Connect to a printer to print your receipt.
Most applications are routine and
can be expedited for approval by the Board office within 5 days of completion
of the application process.
If you are a military
veteran or spouse discharged within one year of your application,
additional expedited services may be available to you.
Additional information is available.
What Applications Do Not Qualify for
Applications with character/fitness/disciplinary
Applications with Continued
Competency Requirement submissions that have not been pre-approved by the
Applicants with a lapse in practice of three
or more years.
What is the Application Time Frame for a
Applications that do not qualify for expedited review may
take up to 4 weeks for Board review.
Is It Possible that I May Have to
Provide Additional Information?
Yes. If you have not practiced for 3 years or more, there may
be additional CCR requirements. (click
Furthermore, The Board may request
additional information as needed.
Will I Receive a Paper License?
No. Licensure status may be
verified in real time via the Board's verification
When Will My License Expire?
If your license is issued in an even numbered
year, your license will expire on 6/30 of the next even numbered year.
If your license is issued in an odd numbered
year, your license will expire on 6/30 of the next odd numbered year.
How do I Apply for an Initial License?
To apply online:
201 W. Preston Street, Baltimore, MD 21201-2399
(410) 767-6500 or 1-877-463-3464