Maryland Public Health Laboratory - Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday - 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Specimen Accessioning / Receiving Lab:
443-681-3842 or 443-681-3843
Specimen/Sample Deliveries Accepted
- Monday - Friday: 8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. (clinical specimens)
- COVID-19 specimens Monday - Friday 8:00am - 6:30pm
- Saturday: 7:30 a.m. - 10:30 a.m. (clinical specimens)
- COVID-19 specimens Saturday - Sunday 7:30am - 12:00pm
- Monday - Friday: 8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
- Saturday: 7:30 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Rabies– With prior approval from MDH IDEOR epidemiology staff the Rabies Laboratory will accept emergency-type animal bite case specimens throughout the weekends, holidays and service reduction days. The contact number for the IDEOR Epidemiologist on-call pager is 410-795-7365. After receiving approval from IDEOR; contact the MDH Laboratories Administration, Rabies Lab On-Call number: 443-735-1291.(PLEASE CONTACT MDH IDEOR FIRST BEFORE CALLINIG THE RABIES LAB)