The mission of the Office of the Inspector General is to promote integrity and accountability within the Maryland Department of Health; to deter, detect and investigate fraud, waste, abuse and employee misconduct; and to disseminate actionable and meaningful recommendations with the goal of protecting the interests of the State and its resources.
The Office of the Inspector General is an independent unit within the Maryland Department of Health made up of auditors, investigators, compliance officers, data analysts and career professionals dedicated to its mission and serving all Marylanders.
What we do:
- Perform audits of MDH programs and health care providers receiving Departmental funds
- Investigate and audit Medicaid providers and recipients to ensure the integrity of the Medicaid Program
- Conduct investigations into MDH employee misconduct and allegations of fraud and abuse within the Department
- Ensure compliance with federal regulations and recommendations regarding integrity and ethics within MDH programs
- Oversee reviews of human subject testing and protocols
- Coordinate and advise MDH and its Administrations regarding privacy and the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
Maryland Department of Health
Office of the Inspector General
201 W. Preston Street
Baltimore, MD 21201