The Developmental Disabilities Administration’s Low Intensity Support Services (LISS) Program serves children living at home with their family and adults with developmental disabilities living in their own home in the community who are not receiving any support services from the DDA. The LISS program goal is to ensure that children and adults with developmental disabilities live happy, healthy, independent lives while being integrated into their communities across their lifespan. Below are just a few highlights:
- It is flexible to meet the needs of children as they grow and adults as they mature across their lifespan. And;
- Provides up to $2000 to assist eligible children and adults with developmental disabilities with purchasing eligible services and/or items to address their needs; and
- Enhances or improves the quality of life, for eligible children and adults with developmental disabilities as well as promotes independence and community integration.
In September 2020, the LISS Program launched an electronic version of the Random Selection Application and an online access link to the electronic application. The online access link went “Live” for FY 2021 Round 2 Random Selection and was successful.
The Random Selection Application submission process is the following:
1) Random Selection Applications must be submitted online. If you are unable to submit the application online, you are asked to please contact the LISS Program Provider and request assistance. The DDA will only accept online applications.
2) Random Selection Applications for each Round will be submitted online through an access link. The access link can be found in the following two locations:
a. The Maryland Developmental Disabilities Administration’s web homepage, under the heading “What’s New at DDA”. To recognize the access link, the following wording will be visible to say “To apply for the LISS FY 2022 Round 1 Random Selection, Click here.” The “Click here” is the URL link that will take you to the electronic Random Selection Application.
b. The second location will be on the Maryland Developmental Disabilities Administration’s LISS homepage, under the heading “Forms”. Please look for the wording “Click here to apply”.
3) Once submitting the Random Selection Application online, you will receive a confirmation receipt of your application with a confirmation number. This confirmation will be emailed to the email address indicated in the Random Selection Application. This confirmation number can be used as reference to inquire about your submission.
4) The access link will be available during each Round-Random Selection Application submission period only. After each Round, the access link will be closed.
The FY 2022 Random Selection submission dates and dates for the actual Random Selection are:
I. FY 2022- Round 1
1) The online access link will open on May 1, 2021.
2) The online access link will close on June 30, 2021.
3) Random Selection will take place on July 15, 2021.
II. FY 2022-Round 2
1) The online access link will open on July 16, 2021.
2) The online access link will close on November 30, 2021.
3) Random Selection will take place on December 15, 2021.
Please note: For Round 2, the July 1st Random Selection submission date has changed to July 16th.
Who can submit the online Random Selection Application?
1) If the individual applicant is under the age of 21 (but does not have a court-ordered legal guardian), then a natural or adoptive parent must complete the application;
2) If the individual applicant has a court-ordered legal guardian (regardless of the applicant’s age), then the legal guardian must complete the application; and
3) If the individual applicant is over the age of 21, does not have a legal guardian, and only requires physical assistance in completing the application, then a parent, relative, friend, or case manager or social worker may provide assistance under the individual applicant’s direction.
Please note: LISS Random Selection Applicants will be notified by their LISS Provider Twenty (20) business days after the Random Selection is completed.
Maryland Community Connection
Attn: LISS Unit
4401 Nicole Drive, Lanham, Maryland 20706
Phone: 301-583-8880/Toll free: 877-622-6688
Counties served: Calvert, Charles, Montgomery, Prince George’s and St. Mary’s, Caroline, Cecil, Dorchester, Kent, Queen Anne’s, Somerset, Talbot, Wicomico and Worcester
Penn-Mar Human Services
Attn: LISS Unit
310 Old Freeland Road, Freeland, Maryland 21053
Phone: Toll free: 877-282-8202/TTY: 711/Fax: 410-357-4767
Counties served: Allegany, Anne Arundel, Baltimore City, Baltimore County, Carroll, Frederick, Garrett, Harford, Howard and Washington