The purpose of this action is to:
(1) Reorganize and consolidate language into a single chapter, COMAR 10.58.07, from COMAR 10.58.01, 10.58.13 and 10.58.14 pertaining to all alcohol and drug licensees, certificate holders, and trainees;
(2) Delete or amend obsolete information to more accurately reflect statutory requirements;
(3) Clarify certain procedures for the administrative processing of applications;
(4) Provide that alcohol and drug trainees are required to obtain a criminal history records check and are subject to the same disciplinary sanctions that currently apply to other certified or licensed alcohol and drug counselors as set forth in Chs. 408 and 409, Acts of 2019; and
(5) Remove from regulations the requirement that the Board issue paper licenses and certificates.