The purpose of this action is to:
(1) Amend the requirements for testing English competency of foreign nursing school graduates whose nursing education was not taught in English;
(2) Repeal the waiver for a clinical nursing education requirement for a nurse applying for a license by endorsement in this State;
(3) Define competency in reading, speaking, writing, and listening in accordance with the Nurse Licensure Compact.
(4) Define the minimal passing scores for the two English language competency tests that the Board recognizes; and
(5) Repeal, in accordance with the Sunset Provision, effective September 30, 2018, for Health Occupations Article, §8-307(c), Annotated Code of Maryland, the requirement that the Board waive the supervised clinical learning experience requirement for nurse endorsement applicants who attended a nursing program without a supervised clinical learning experience requirement.