The purpose of this action is to:
(1) Simplify the permitting requirements for construction, alteration, repair, and replacement of parts for pools and spas;
(2) Reduce the frequency of inspections for pools and spas with a demonstrated history of compliance;
(3) Clarify and add specificity to the conditions which may warrant the suspension of an operating permit;
(4) Add a mechanism by which the Department can ensure regulations are implemented and enforced consistently across the State; and
(5) Make general corrections and revisions to clarify the regulatory requirements of pools and spas.