The purpose of this action is to:
(1) Amend the requirements for testing English competency of
foreign nursing school graduates whose nursing education was not taught in
(2) Repeal the waiver for a clinical nursing education requirement
for a nurse applying for a license by endorsement in this State;
(3) Define competency in reading, speaking, writing, and listening
in accordance with the Nurse Licensure Compact.
(4) Define the minimal passing scores for the two English language
competency tests that the Board recognizes; and
(5) Repeal, in accordance with the Sunset Provision, effective
September 30, 2018, for Health Occupations Article, §8-307(c), Annotated Code
of Maryland, the requirement that the Board waive the supervised clinical
learning experience requirement for nurse endorsement applicants who attended a
nursing program without a supervised clinical learning experience requirement.