The SHIP website provides data that is publicly available and open to everyone. By accessing this data, you agree to describe SHIP data using the data's details (e.g., data source, numerator, denominator). Data and information released from SHIP are provided without warranty of any kind, including without limitation the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. Availability of this data and information does not constitute scientific publication. Data and/or information may contain errors or be incomplete. For more information, see the SHIP Disclaimer of Liability
MORE ABOUT SHIP
The goal of the SHIP is to advance the health of Maryland residents. To achieve this goal, SHIP provides a framework for accountability, local action, and public engagement. Using 39 measures, SHIP highlights the health characteristics of Marylanders. These measures align with the Healthy People 2020 objectives established by the Department of Health and Human Services.
What does the SHIP do?
- Collect and analyze data from state and federal partners for 39 measures of health.
- Ensure alignment and cross-platform integration of existing state and federal data sources.
- Disseminate county rankings to each local health department.
- Engage the public in public health data through a newsletter and social media presence.
- Continuously improve internal operations of program (see Quality Improvement website for more information).
Where can I learn more?
For our updated contact information, please refer to the toolbar 'Popular Links' for the 'Staff Directory
Last updated: 2021 July 16