File a Complaint

If you have concerns about a health care facility or community-based program that is regulated by OHCQ, you may submit a complaint to the Office of Health Care Quality.  If there is an emergency, please dial 9 - 1 - 1. ​

Best Way to File a Complaint​

The best way to file a complaint is to submit the Online Complaint Form.  The complaint is immediately routed to the correct unit and entered into the system.  Please submit any accompanying documents or materials with your initial complaint.  If it is not possible for you to submit a complaint on-line, you may mail or fax the Paper Complaint Form​.  The complaint will be triaged and then investigated in accordance with State and federal law.  You may file an anonymous complaint, but if there is a future hearing or trial, your identity may be revealed in court.

Complaints may also be made over the telephone by calling the appropriate unit: 

​​OHCQ Program ​Telephone Number Toll-free Number​
Adult M​edical Day Care​ ​​410-402-8125​ ​877-402-8221
Ambulatory Care
​410-402-8040​ ​800-492-6005​
Assisted Living Homes ​​​410-402-8217
​​Developmental Disabilities Programs ​​410-402-8188 ​​877-402-8220
​​Health Maintenance Organizations ​410-402-8002 ​877-402-8218
Hospitals ​410-402-8002 ​​877-402-8218
​​Nursing Homes ​410-402-8108 ​877-402-8219


Nurse Complaint

If your complaint includes issues related to services provided by a Nurse, you should also contact​ the Maryland Board of Nurses at (410) 585-1900 or visit their website:  https://mbon.maryland.gov/Pages/default.aspx​

Physician Complaint

If your complaint includes issues related to services provided by a Physician, you should contact​ the Maryland Board of Physicians at (410) 764-4777 or visit their website:  

Billing Complaints

If your complaint is related billing, you may wish to contact the Consumer Protection Division of the Office of Attorney General. They can be reached at (410) 528-8662 or visit their website: https://www.marylandattorneygeneral.gov