Small Rural Pharmacy Grants Program
Offered by the Maryland Medicaid Pharmacy Program, Office of Pharmacy Services
Please read below for eligibility requirements and deadlines for the grants program. The Letter of Information, Abstract, and Request for Applications with attached Application documents are linked below under Program Documents for more reference on the grants program and details on how to apply for funding. We will be holding a webinar-based information session on Thursday, July 9th, from 1:00-2:00 PM EST.Click here for instructions on how to attend this webinar. Thank you for your interest and commitment to providing the highest quality healthcare for Marylanders.
- Must be a Small Pharmacy (have three  stores or less under the same ownership*).
- Must be located in an area with a rural zip code in Maryland as defined by CMS's Zip Codes to Carrier Locality' File.
- See Request for Applications: Attachment 8 for a list of CMS assigned Maryland rural zip codes.
- Must currently be enrolled in the Maryland Medicaid Pharmacy Program as a pharmacy provider and currently providing prescriptions to MCO participants.
- The total # of prescriptions processed by MCOs for the pharmacy must be 30,000 or less for CY2019.
* Pharmacies under the same ownership meeting all other eligibility requirements (including this one) will be required to submit separate applications per each eligible store location and will be eligible for separate awards per each complete application submitted on each eligible store location.
Interested pharmacies must send in the completed Grant Application form and required attachments (see requirements in the Request for Applications document) via email to Deanna Beebe at email@example.com no later than 5:00 PM EST on Friday, July 31, 2020.
(Pharmacies who are unable to submit the application documents via email must contact Deanna Beebe at firstname.lastname@example.org or (410) 767-5701 at least 24 hours before the submission deadline.)
Program documents for after Notification of Award letter is received:
* You will also receive a personalized Grant Agreement and Statement of Obligations, Assurances, and Conditions with your Notification of Award letter, both of which must be signed and sent back with the completed Invoice for Funding Worksheet by 5:00 PM EST on Monday, August 31, 2020.