The Money Follows the Person Bridge Subsidy Program is a 3-year tenant-based rental assistance program for eligible participants who are transitioning out of qualified institutions into independent renting through the Money Follows the Person demonstration.
Participants pay 30% of their income to rent and utilities and will receive rental assistance through the bridge subsidy for 3 years. After 3 years they will transition onto a Housing Choice Voucher or public housing in the participating jurisdiction.
Who is Eligible?
- Adults, age 18 and older
- Money Follows the Person participants transitioning from a qualified institution into independent renting
- Brain Injury Waiver participants transitioning from an alternative living unit to independent renting
- Household income less than $15,000
- Cannot be a lifetime registered sex offender
- Cannot have conviction of production of methamphetamine on federally assisted property
How to Apply
Contact your Supports Planner
Your supports planner will complete the pre-screening and application for you.
Contact Money Follows the Person
Contact the Maryland Department of Disabilities