Under Health General § 17-217, the Secretary of the Maryland Department of Health shall establish a Laboratory Advisory Committee to advise the Secretary on matters relating to the implementation of the provisions of this subtitle. The Advisory Committee shall consist of at least the following representatives appointed biennially:
(1) 1 member of the American Academy of Family Practitioners;
(2) 1 member of the American Academy of Pediatricians;
(3) 1 member of the American College of Physicians;
(4) 1 member of the American Society for Clinical Pathology;
(5) 1 member of the American College of Pathology; and
(6) 1 representative of the Advanced Medical Technology Association.
The Secretary may appoint any other individuals or representatives at the Secretary’s discretion.
The chairman of the Advisory Committee shall be designated by the Secretary every 2 years.