The Developmental Disabilities Administration (DDA) is pleased to share the Community Supports Waiver federal application for public review. The Community Supports Waiver program will provide supports to individuals with developmental disabilities on the Developmental Disabilities Administration (DDA) Waiting List.
The new program is designed to provide services and supports individuals with developmental disabilities that live in their own home or the home of a family member. The new Community Supports Waiver program was developed based on input from individuals on the DDA Waiting List and their families, the Developmental Disabilities Coalition survey and recommendations, and independent consultants’ national research.
Public comments can be submitted to email@example.com through September 12, 2017.
The application is composed of 10 appendixes as noted below. Click on each link to view the each specific appendix.
- Purpose of HCBS Waiver Program and Appendix A - Waiver Administration and Operation specifies the administrative and operational structure of this waiver.
- Appendix B - Participant Access and Eligibility specifies the target group(s) of individuals who are served in this waiver, the number of participants that the State expects to serve during each year that the waiver is in effect, applicable Medicaid eligibility and post-eligibility (if applicable) requirements, and procedures for the evaluation and reevaluation of level of care.
- Appendix C - Participant Services specifies the home and community-based waiver services that are furnished through the waiver, including applicable limitations on such services.
- Appendix D - Participant-Centered Service Planning and Delivery specifies the procedures and methods that the State uses to develop, implement and monitor the participant-centered service plan.
- Appendix E - Participant-Direction of Services specifies the participant direction opportunities that are offered in the waiver and the supports that are available to participants who direct their services.
- Appendix F - Participant Rights specifies how the State informs participants of their Medicaid Fair Hearing rights and other procedures to address participant grievances and complaints.
- Appendix G - Participant Safeguards describes the safeguards that the State has established to assure the health and welfare of waiver participants in specified areas.
- Appendix H - Quality Improvement Strategy contains the Quality Improvement Strategy for this waiver.
- Appendix I - Financial Accountability describes the methods by which the State makes payments for waiver services, ensures the integrity of these payments, and complies with applicable federal requirements concerning payments and federal financial participation.
- Appendix J - Cost-Neutrality Demonstration contains the State’s demonstration that the waiver is cost-neutral.