The Developmental Disabilities Administration (DDA) is pleased to announce that the federal Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) approved Amendment # 1 of the Community Supports Home and Community Based Services (HCBS) waiver application on June 6, 2019. Amendment # 1 will go into effect on July 1, 2019. The waiver program is designed to provide services and supports individuals with developmental disabilities that live in their own home or the home of a family member.
The DDA Waivers Amendment # 1 includes programmatic adjustments, such as:
● Alignment of the services scope, requirements, limitations, qualifications, and effective date for the three home and community-based service waivers programs that support individuals with developmental disabilities which includes the Family Supports Waiver, Community Supports Waiver, and the Community Pathways Waiver.
● Adjustment of some of the service implementation to provide additional time for rate setting and development of critical operational and billing functionality.
Approved Community Supports Waiver Application - Amendment # 1, effective July 1, 2019
For more information about the Community Supports Waiver Amendment # 1, please visit:
DDA Waiver Amendment # 1 Presentations and Q & As
● DDA Waiver Amendments #1 Presentation
○ Webinar Recording - Saturday, February 2, 2019
○ Webinar Recording - Monday, February 4, 2019
● Q &A from the February 2nd and February 4th webinars on Amendment #1 - 2019
● DDA Amendment #1 2019 - Questions and Answer Update 2-26-19
● DDA Amendment Q and A Discussion 2.13.19
● DDA Amendment #1 2019 February 13 2019 Town Hall Questions and Answers