Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content
Navigate Up
Sign In


Water Sewer Verifications
An "APPLICATION FOR WATER SUPPLY AND/OR SEWAGE VERIFICATION" is required any time a property has an existing well (including farm and test wells) and/or septic system(s). Examples of projects are listed below.
  • Accessory dwelling unit
  • Accessory structures, (sheds, garages, pole barns etc.)
  • Change of use (such as converting garage to bedroom or family room)
  • Chicken house(s), manure storage sheds, etc.
  • Commercial alterations or additions, misc.
  • Decks/Patios
  • Demolition (tearing town a building-must indicate how to dispose debris)
  • Driveway (adding or changing existing driveway)
  • Farm mobile home
  • Farm structure - (pole barns or machinery equipment sheds, etc.)
  • *Lot line revision
  • Pool: in-ground or above ground
  • Proposing a business on the property (Special Use/Home Occupation Use)
  • Replace old home with new home (state number of bedrooms)
  • Residential addition/alteration (family room, bedrooms, remodeling, etc.)
  • Sidewalks
  • Signs 
  • Solar Panels - Ground Mounted
  • Subdivide, change or add a Sewage Reserved Area (SRA)
  • Temporary structure
  • Tower (cell phones)
  • Other Projects
Application must have:
  • Current Fee
  • Scaled site plan that shows proposed improvement, existing well/septic, driveway, home(s), sheds, pools etc. and property lines (existing and proposed)
  • Floor plan of existing home and proposed addition or proposed replacement home, or proposed accessory dwelling.   
*A Water and Sewer Verification is not required in situations where an applicant consolidates improved or unimproved parcels or lots.  However, the plat may be required to show improvements and existing wells and septic systems.