The Board of Physical Therapy Examiners may issue a Temporary License to new Licensure by Examination applicants
(both foreign-educated and U.S. graduates) who have not yet taken the National Physical Therapy Examination (NPTE).
The Temporary 90-day License allows a new applicant to practice physical therapy while waiting to take the NPTE.
In accordance with §13–313, the Board may issue a temporary license to an applicant who has completed the following:
- Online license application and payment
- Registered to take the National Physical Therapy Examination (NPTE)
- Criminal History Records check
- Maryland Jurisprudence examination with a passing grade of 90%
A temporary license is valid until:
- 90-days after issuance;
- The Board issues a full license to practice physical therapy or limited physical therapy to the holder of the temporary license; or
- The Board revokes the temporary license.
If you meet the above criteria and would like to request a temporary license, contact us at email@example.com .
Subject Line -"Temporary License Request - [Your application number]" and attach a copy of your Authorization To Test Letter to that email.