The MDH Information Security program assists MDH Information System owners, Data Custodians, Network staff and business unit users to maintain the security of systems and assure the privacy of information in their custody.
We provide consultation and direct assistance and limited logistical support to help you understand and implement polices, standards and requirements required by federal and state laws and regulations, and program grant conditions of award (HIPAA etc.)
The program works in close cooperation with the Maryland Department of Information Technology (DoIT), and the MDH Office of the Inspector General, Corporate Compliance unit and with the Privacy Officer.
These services include:
- Critical System security and privacy assessments
- Data Eradication processes
- Mitigation plan development
- Disaster Recovery planning and system recovery procedures
- Business Continuity for I.T. Systems
- COOP Plan integration
- Security requirements analysis for new system development and upgrades, and
- Information Security Training for users, developers, and managers. (on-line anc face-to-face)
- Assistance to access vendor-based I.T. system security consulting services.